Sesotec Raycon D+ – Xray Control System
Intelligent x-ray product inspection system for packaged products – End of line inspection
- Longer lifetime of core components
- Application variability
- Surpassing detection requirements
- Increased ease of use
The RAYCON D+ product inspection system detects all contaminants that due to their density, chemical composition, or mechanical dimensions absorb x-rays better than the surrounding product.
With its optional capability using Dual-Energy technology the performance for soft contaminants gets extremely improved for materials e.g. types of plastics (PVC, aso.), rubber, ceramics, stones, calcified bones and similar materials.
- Throughput: ~250 pcs./min. (product specific)
- Detection capability starting from Ø 0,3 mm
- 200W long life x-ray generator
- Highest operator safety due to low x-ray emission < 0.5 µSv/h
- Modular and stable frame design allows easy transportation and safe installation
- Ambient temperatures from 0°C to + 40°C
- IP 66 protection class within conveyor area
The system comprises of the following main components:
This is where x-rays are electrically generated. The x-rays are emitted from the tube through a narrow slot and as a fan-shaped beam pass through the product to be inspected from back to front.
A PE flat belt (self guiding) uniformly transports the product to be inspected through the x-ray beam. This makes it possible to scan the product line-by-line.
The linear detector that is installed above the inspection aperture converts the arriving x-rays into an electrical signal from which a digital x-ray image is created.
- 0,4 mm HD resolution
- 0,8 mm Dual Energy
The PC is used to evaluate the images and to accurately control the reject systems.
- Automatic detection of product height
- Automatic power adjustment of the x-ray source
- Extended lifetime of x-ray source
- Increase of energy efficiency
- Maximum sensitivity without special settings
- Time savings during the learning process of the different products
- The modular design allows adaptation to various applications
- Depending on machine configuration, foreign bodies are detected from 0,3 mm
- Modular principle enables fast, uncomplicated and cost-transparent upgrade
- Platform concept enables subsequent update
- Easy to clean due to hygienic design
- Tool-free belt change within 2 minutes
- HD (High Definition): Detects foreign bodies from 0,3 mm (e. g. stainless steel, steel, copper, glass, …)
- Dual Energy: Detects soft impurities from 2,0 mm (e. g. bones, rubber, …)
- Surpasses the latest and most valid food regulations by up to 400%
- False reject rate (F.R.R.) below 0,01%
- The system detects products up to a conveying speed of 1 m/s
- Maximum throughput is 250 pieces per minute
- The 15 “HD touch display in 16:9 format offers a high resolution for excellent picture quality
- No special operating knowledge is necessary
- Automatic recognition of the product packaging by the edge filter
- Minimizing the frequency of false rejects and product wastage
- Automatic detection of the x-ray source lifetime and early warning by the system
- Warranty extension from 3 to 5 years through the optional service package
HD resolution vs. Dual Energy